Tuesday, June 28, 2016

MY "SCRAP HAPPY" CHARITY QUILT IS A FLIMSY!...


Please excuse the wrinkles in the bottom third of this flimsy.  I am not feeling too great today and I just couldn't finish the ironing.

I am absolutely, positively IN LOVE with this quilt.  It is my first charity quilt and I have to say...I'm going to have a hard time letting go!  But, charity quilts should be as high a quality of work as our other quilts, and we should love them just as much...if not more!  Someone in need has to feel that we have made this quilt with all of the love in our hearts because THEY ARE DESERVING OF OUR LOVE AND EFFORT! 

So in a day or so when I am feeling up to it I will give the flimsy a good ironing with Best Press (forgot to use it on the first 2/3s) and will begin the sandwiching and quilting...starting with ESS (Every Stinkin' Seam) as Cindy Needham would say.  I have purchased my first ever spool of variegated thread for quilting, though I don't think ALL of the FMQ will be with this thread.  Time will tell...

Toodles...

11 comments:

  1. Hi, what a lovely quilt. No wonder it'll be hard to give up. You'll just have to make another one for yourself! I see that your a fan of Cindy Needham - so am I. I don't always quilt every ESS but I do start by quilting most of them. I find that it really gives me confidence and the practice to get to the real fun after (FMQ)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have taken quite a few quilting courses online and Cindy's is still my favorite! I think she taught me the largest amount of "basics" and now every course I take, no matter who the teacher is, I build upon her foundation. I still have a TON of scraps left, so maybe I will make one for me!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree, charity quilts should get our best efforts as if we were giving it to a family member! Lovely, will look great with a variegated thread on all that white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice and fresh. You did an awesome job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Lin!! I love it!! You are really going to make someone feel so special and truly brighten their day...every time they look at it. Amazing.
    Carrie W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! I am so anxious to get started quilting this. Unfortunately my body is not cooperating at all today, so I doubt I will get anything done. Oh well, after my doctor appointment tomorrow...hopefully!

      Delete
  5. thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete