Saturday, January 30, 2016

IF I DON'T LAUGH I WILL CRY...

Update...

This morning we woke up to NO HOT WATER at all.  I TOLD the insurance company that the hot water heater was making horrible noises and that just because it was working didn't mean it wasn't damaged!  I had already scheduled with the plumber to come out on Monday (on my dime) to check the hot water heater.  So we will live without hot water until then.  The tech coming out on Monday has been thoroughly apprised of the situation...I'm afraid an "emergency" tech may not know all of the details.  So we will take as few showers as possible, skip doing laundry and skip running the dishwasher.  I am hoping since there is now PROOF of damage they will pay for the tech to come out.  I don't want anything "repaired".  The water has voided my manufacturer's warranty and goodness knows what else could pop up as a result of the water.  Praying the insurance company agrees and replaces it...

Oh, and after I posted yesterday our phone line went all static-y.  Verizon came out quickly, thank goodness, and I was right...the jack was saturated and already starting to corrode from the water! 

I am sitting here in my sewing room with a diffuser pumping out calming essential oils.  My best friend bought it for me for Christmas.  What perfect timing!  Breathe Deep, Lin!!!   Breathe Deep...


2 comments:

  1. So horrible, one thing after another. Hope it all works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you hit the three things mark, water, water heater going and phone line screwy. I think that the fates should give you a bit of a rest now. I do hope everything works out and the insurance does pay for the water heater replacement.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete