Tuesday, February 3, 2015

PERKY PETAL PROJECT...FINISHED!


This morning I finished the pillow back.  I was going to go out today and buy a 14" pillow (the size this cover needs).  However, I received an email this morning from Nancy Zieman about the 2015 Pillow Challenge she is running.  Not wanting to delay my entry, I stuffed a 16" pillow into the 14" cover.  The pillow is nice and firm (which I like), but the back envelope closure is pulling (which I don't like, lol).  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as a pillow, or if I am going to put 3M hangers on the back and hang it on my wall.  If I decide to use it as a pillow I will buy the appropriate form, lol. 

Voting in the contest begins on March 7th and ends on March 14th.  If anyone cares to vote for my pillow I would sincerely appreciate your support.  I would imagine you can access the voting on Nancy's website. (The link is on the right side of my webpage, near the top!)
 
Toodles...


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! I am amazed how I am being drawn more and more to bright, HAPPY colors. I smile every time I look at it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, just looking at it brightens my day. You did a great job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! I'm grinning from ear to ear. Happy colors, Happy Quilter!

      Delete
  3. How fun and happy! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Leila! I am really drawn to bright happy colors. They really fun and DO make me feel happy! Thanks for checking out my blog! Toodles...

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Nice that you used the buttons and is that some decorative stitching along the outer border?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I wanted to try one of the decorative stitches on my machine. In fact, that is one of my sewing goals this year, to try new things! Thanks for checking out my blog! Toodles...

      Delete
  5. Cute, cute pillow! Great colors. It is a happy piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! I love the bright colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so fresh, spring-ey, and pretty! I love it!!!! And will vote for it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I think having no expectations except for having "fun" and wanting something bright and happy made this one of my favorite projects. This one was for ME and makes me smile every time I look at it, lol. Thanks again!
      Toodles...

      Delete