Thursday, July 17, 2014

WHAT'S UP WITH ELLIE?............

It never fails!  Every time I have a sewing deadline, my dear, sweet Ellie (Ellure Plus sewing machine) will throw a hissy fit!

I finished FMQing all of the background of the blocks with YLI invisible thread.  I love the look of the quilting on the cream fabric...truly invisible.  However, I don't like the way it "shines" against the black backing, but there is not much I can do about it at this point.  I will just tell my aunt to forget the back exists, lol.  Since I am getting ready to do some FMQ with 100% cotton thread I pulled out a test swatch and began practicing.  As anyone who has ever tried to teach themselves FMQ can tell you, it takes PRACTICE...and lots of it.  You need to get your body into the "zone" where your machine and your hands are working in perfect harmony.  Too slow or too jerky and you get ugly long stitches.


I was happily playing when suddenly my machine started her hissy fit.  I can be sewing along just fine and without warning there will be 10-12 stitches where I can see the needle going up and down, but there are no stitches!  Then all of a sudden she begins doing what she is supposed to and I get nice even stitches.  I tried rethreading my machine three times and finally got so disgusted I sent an email and this picture down to the store where I bought the sewing machine.  Within no time I had a reply with three suggestions.  If those things don't work I will be driving down to Delaware on Saturday.  I just hope Ellie doesn't have to stay "in the hospital" for a whole week...I want this quilt DONE by the end of July (fingers crossed) so I can work on other Christmas presents, lol. 




To try to calm myself down a bit I reached for this stuff.  I spread a bit on my arms and neck and within minutes the aroma had calmed my nerves.  A few weeks ago my Dear Aunt showed up at my front door with a "just because" present.  It was this tube of Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief.  She assured me that it smelled incredibly good and would calm me down when I needed it.  Life has been a bit stressful recently!  Oh boy was she right!  I wish I could invent internet aroma transmission so you could smell it too.  It is a perfect combination of eucalyptus and spearmint (she says as she sniffs her left arm) and feels really cool on your skin.  Hmmm...excuse me while I float in my Zen Zone for a while....



And, speaking of yummy, J has gotten me hooked on Oikos Greek Yogurt.  Mmmm...it is even more yummy than John Stamos (yes, I'm serious!).  This morning I am indulging in a bit of peachy heaven.  Total bliss. 

Well, I guess it is time to check my emails and then change a few things on Ellie's settings and see if she is willing to play nice today. 

Have a great day, everyone!  Toodles...

4 comments:

  1. Lin...you have so much going on, and now the sewing machine too!! Sending my good thoughts and prayers for restorative healing for all of you. I LOVE the Bath & Body Works Stress Relief line, I have the liquid soap for washing hands and also the lotion, which I always put on my hands before bedtime. Enjoy your Oikos and visions of John Stamos...Carrie W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ellie won't play nice so I have come downstairs to get some lunch. I'm still sniffing my arms, lol!

      Delete
  2. Sorry Ellie decided not to play today. Hope you can get her up and working without resorting to a hospital visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of the things suggested worked, so she is headed to the shop on Sat! Hope she isn't there too long!

      Delete