Thursday, July 31, 2014

A TINY FINISH...

A while back I bought a Mollie Makes magazine at my local quilt shop.  Included with the magazine  was a kit to make a small purse.   The kit was quick, fun and the tiny purse was definitely useful. 



I have been using it to hold my empty bobbins.   However, the more I sew it seems the more empty bobbins I need!  This little purse has no room to grow!

Then, a week or so ago, I decided to do a bit of FMQ practicing.  I have a stack of miscellaneous 5" charm squares that I use to make coasters, mug rugs and practice sandwiches.  I pulled out one of my favorite charms, found a solid pinkish charm to match and sewed them together to make a 5" x 9.5" rectangle.  I added a layer of batting and a scrap of black material for the backing. 

After practicing a bit, I was ready to toss the sandwich into the trash...but stopped short.  It was MUCH too cute to throw away!  So today I sewed a few seams, added a snap and made a new bobbin holder!


Isn't it cute?  I have a LOT more room to store my empty bobbins now...


...and the bright, HAPPY colors make me smile!

2 comments:

  1. That's adorable ... make it bigger and it would be a great purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, all I had was one 5" charm. I would LOVE to have more of this...yup a purse would be so cute!

      Delete