Tuesday, February 18, 2014

WHAT I'M WORKING ON...


Ever since the weekend I have been slowly working on this Collapsible Craft Container.  See the cute little tray underneath my hand-work?



Dear Hubby bought it for me while we were in North Myrtle Beach so I would have something to hold my book/Nook or crocheting or hand-work in my lap while we drive.  Chasing craft supplies that roll under the seat while we are driving down I95 is no fun, lol.  Thankfully the center console kept things from rolling under Dear Hubby's seat...but the tray should keep things where they belong. 



This blue container will be another button holder in my black cubbies.  With the completion of this button holder, I will be done the basic colors (Red, and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue.  I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, too!)  Then I will only have black, gray, brown, beige, wood-tone, metal-tone and miscellaneous to complete.  I have far too many white and cream colored buttons to fit in a Collapsible Craft Container.  The miscellaneous buttons are in my Mickey jar and the "sets" of buttons on cards are stored inside the orange pail. 

I have been feeling really weak and worn out since Saturday and haven't been able to do much of anything...so a few stitches here and there has been all of my accomplishment.  Yesterday Dear Hubby started with a bad chest cold and is now in bed with 100 degree temp, which is really high for him...both he and J usually run a point below normal.  I am also feeling a little "scratchy" in my chest and hope I am not coming down with it too.  However, that would at least explain the debilitating fatigue I have been feeling for the last four days.  My tremor has been horrendous all day today, but thankfully I only needed to glue the hair ties to the hexies.  Can't do much physical damage with glue, lol. 

2 comments:

  1. Small bites of the elephant, I so remember Katieowl saying this and I use it as my mantra when I don't think I am getting enough done. Your health comes first, everything else will be there to work on when you feel up to it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jackie. Yes. Tiny Bites. If only I could easily wrap my head around that, lol. So many years of multitasking and "doing it all" have set up neural pathways to work, work, work. Slowing down, happily and gracefully, is probably one of my biggest challenges! Fortunately I think I dodged the bullet with the "bug". I seem to have more energy today and the scratchiness in my chest is gone. Dear Hubby is sick, Sick, SICK. I called the doctor last night. He is NEVER sick for this long. The doctor put him on an antibiotic and a second expectorant to take along with the first! He is STILL running a fever this morning. But, as he only took his second pill at 6:00 am, I'm not expecting miracles yet. I think he has just run himself down working tons of hours and then snowblowing 3-4 times a day...which puts him in severe pain. In fact, the hamstring tendon pain that he got two LARGE ultrasound guided needles for a few months back has returned. Looks like we may be heading to the city for two more shots. I hope he doesn't get too worked up as this time he KNOWS they are 5" long needles on the end of the syringe! Where is Spring?

    ReplyDelete