Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOT MUCH CRAFTING GOING ON....


See that big open space on my sewing table?  That's where my Ellure Plus (Ellie) is supposed to be sitting...ready and able to stitch away on tons of happy projects!  Unfortunately, she needed a bit of a "tune up" and "clean up" to keep her stitching merrily along and has been in the "hospital" for the past week.  In other words...all of the Christmas gifts I have started or planned have been waiting patiently for any progress.  THEY may be patient...but I am definitely NOT, lol.  

I have spent the past week sorting through TONS of paperwork, doing some online Christmas shopping for my folks (my gifts, lol), submitting all of our Flexible Spending Account receipts for reimbursement, etc.  In a way, Ellie's absence has been good for my other, less fun, projects!  


Since I am now done all of the Pending Paperwork Projects (say that three times fast, lol) I will spend today emptying out my scrap bucket and sorting, cutting, storing those bits and pieces of precious fabric that are worth too much money to waste. 


Goodness!  I didn't realize that my scrap bucket held so much!  Hopefully by bedtime tonight I will have everything cut into useful sizes...2.5" strip, 2.5" square, 1.5" strip, 6" dresdens, etc.  One more tiny corner of my sewing space will be all neat and organized!


AND...I will be resting and relaxing over the next few weeks and will be working on my crocheted bobble blanket.  It really needs to be done quickly to keep me warm over the winter!  Talk to you in a few with pictures, purchases and progress! 

4 comments:

  1. Curious what you do with the batting scraps. That's about the only way I would take time to organize ... but I have back up machines, so probably not even then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a large tub where I throw all of my batting scraps. I piece them together for small project or use them to help stuff pillows, pin cushions etc.

      Delete
  2. Hope Ellie comes home soon! Meanwhile, you are getting a lot done! Feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels great to have all of the "have to" projects done! Ellie came home on Wed but as we were preparing for our trip there was no time to welcome her home properly with a bit of stitching. At least she is resting up for completing Christmas gifts, lol.

      Delete